General Site Terms and conditions
- This website is operated by IBOB Ltd, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, company number 09999685 (“we” or “us”), referred to hereafter as ‘antiques-online.co.uk’ or IBOB.
- All services provided by this website may only be used in accordance with the terms and conditions provided below. By using IBOB’s services you agree to be bound by our terms & conditions.
- IBOB reserves the right to make modifications and changes to these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice. Up to date terms and conditions will always be available at www.antiques-online.co.uk
- The placing of an order with IBOB creates a contract on the basis of the terms and conditions.
- With the exception of specific details of any individual order (for example, size, quantity, and any service-based extras), other terms and conditions proffered by the client are specifically excluded unless agreed to beforehand in writing by IBOB or a representative party.
- These terms and conditions apply equally to all orders given, irrespective of method. It is the responsibility of the user of our services to be aware of IBOB’s terms and conditions.
- your account
- In order to open an account with ‘antiques-online.co.uk’, users must first complete the registration form provided. Subject to acceptance of registration, and unless the account is terminated, members may use the service freely.
- Opening an account with ‘antiques-online.co.uk’ is free of charge.
- IBOB reserves the right to terminate users accounts without notice.
- Any requested services incurring a charge will be notified at the time of purchase and such transactions are subject to immediate and authorized payment by credit or debit card.
- Switch / Solo
- UK Maestro Card (International Maestro can be accepted for international transactions if supported by a MasterCard SecureCode)
- Visa Electron
- Credit or Debit Card (VISA)
- We use a payment gateway called Stripe who accept the cards below
- Payment is accepted using the following:
- Payment by cheque, postal order or credit facility is not supported by IBOB and IBOB do not recognize any form of payment not listed above. IBOB operates on a cleared funds basis only and will not process any orders for goods or services until payment has been authorized and cleared. Furthermore, IBOB does not offer credit accounts or the facility to make prepayments on any goods or services offered within.
- Should there by any uncertainty regarding the credibility of a submitted payment, IBOB reserves the right to suspend the order in question and the offending account may be terminated.
- All prices listed are inclusive of Value Added Tax except where it is clearly stated. VAT applies to all transactions for goods or services at the current applicable rate at the time of purchase.
- Digital images may be uploaded to the website (details of the upload procedure can be found within). Images uploaded must be in the JPG or PNG file format.
- As detailed below, IBOB accepts no responsibility for the copyright or licensing issues of files submitted to be uploaded. It is the users sole responsibility to ensure he/she has permission to use/disseminate/reproduce the files uploaded.
- Unregistered users (or “Guests”) may access any part of the website shopping area or its contents not restricted by a password. Access to restricted areas of the website are only available to registered users of ‘antiques-online.co.uk’ and access to these areas constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions of ‘antiques-online.co.uk’. Access to said areas will be denied should a valid password fail to be presented.
- Users are not permitted to remove any copyright, trademark or any other intellectual property notices contained within the original material or from any material copied or printed from the website.
- Users are not permitted to register on the behalf of another person unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Users are expressly forbidden to copy (by printing, storing, or disseminating in any way), alter or tamper in any way, or otherwise use any materials contained in this website except as set within these terms and conditions.
- Password security and the security of the confidential information stored within user accounts is the responsibility of the user. Any damage or unauthorized usage including but not limited to copyright infringement caused by any unauthorized access arising from security failure on the part of the user will not be the responsibility of IBOB. While IBOB will make all possible efforts to ensure the privacy of users is respected, liability for compromised accounts which are the fault of the user will not fall on IBOB.
- Users are not permitted to request that IBOB list on the website Items or services containing or relating to the following:
- Anything Illegal
- Racist material
- Material that is likely to incite hatred against any person or group
- Defamatory or otherwise actionable material
- Material that is libelous in nature
- Images of any criminal act
- Material, the use or inclusion of which infringes any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right of a third party, or
- Material which breaches any applicable laws or legislation
- IBOB will not be held responsible for any items or services that breach the terms and conditions stated within the website and do not claim to be able to have knowledge of the legality of items or services listed for sale. Whilst IBOB will remain vigilant, it is possible that items listed by others on Antiques-online.co.uk may be unlawful or offensive.
- IBOB reserve the right at their sole discretion to contact law enforcement agents or authorities should it come to pass that anything submitted or processed by us (including images in breach of the above) is unlawful or pertinent to enquiries of a relevant nature. Copies of these images or material may be supplied to law enforcement agents and in connection, IBOB reserve the right to divulge otherwise private information to the authorities, including details stored within user accounts.
- IBOB without notice and at their sole discretion refuse to execute orders which it deems to be in breach of any of these terms.
- IBOB also reserve the right to refuse further service pertaining to any person or persons who has knowingly or unknowingly breached any of the terms and conditions of the website.
- copyrights and indemnifications
- It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that all materials presented for processing, printing, copying, duplicating or disseminating by any means are free from any third party claims for breach of copyright or license.
- Users indemnify IBOB, its employees and agents, associates and other members against any action, claim, damages, liability, costs or expenses arising from use of this website in breach of these terms or any claim that the processing, printing, or any other dealings with IBOB in accordance with these terms of any images uploaded or otherwise supplied by or on behalf of a third party is an infringement of any party’s copyright, license, trademark, or intellectual property rights.
- The Client acknowledges that breach of copyright in the course of trade and business is both a civil wrong and a criminal offence under the terms of Copyright, Designs, and Patents Act 1988.
- IBOB will take the utmost care in ensuring privacy and confidentiality of details, data and images. No responsibility will be undertaken by IBOB for theft, unlawful use, etc that has resulted from use of the internet or other delivery method to send and receive files.
- Members retain all intellectual property rights, including copyright privileges to images they have uploaded to the system but grant licence to IBOB to use these images on ‘antiques-online.co.uk’ and in any promotional activities related to ‘antiques-online.co.uk’. However IBOB may delete or remove any materials at their sole discretion and without warning.
- We may display, modify, print, transmit, distribute or delete any of the images uploaded to IBOB or its related systems, provided that this use is necessary to provide any of the services offered by us via the web ordering process or is otherwise afforded by these terms and conditions.
- The uploading of any image by any user must be done so lawfully and in doing so a user provides a lawfully binding agreement that they have the right to copy, modify, upload or otherwise manipulate images in relation to the web site and in accordance with these terms. Users may not upload, request or otherwise deal in relation to the web site with any images or other material without the right to do so or the express permission of affected parties/licensees.
- IBOB reserve the right to modify, suspend, or change the format and content of the site (including the products and services specified therein) at any time and without prior notice.
- IBOB will operate with reasonable care in the handling the processing of all materials and data belonging to any user.
- It is the responsibility of the user to insure any original materials or data held within IBOB and its related systems for the purposes of the order whilst in transit. IBOB therefore shall not be liable for any losses, damages, or other indirect losses, howsoever arising. Use of this website by the user constitutes acceptance of such.
- In regards to delivery, it is the sole responsibility of the users to provide independent insurance cover for possible loss or damages incurred in delivery if they wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise agreed by IBOB specifically in writing, any time or date specified for the completion of an order and its delivery is an estimate only and whilst every reasonable effort will be taken to achieve a quality of service, IBOB will not be held responsible for any damages or losses, direct or indirect, resulting from delays in completion of an order.
Personal data supplied to ‘antiques-online.co.uk’ through this website or any other related method will only be used in accordance with these terms and conditions. Please read through the terms and conditions carefully before submitted personal data – by doing so you are consenting to its use in accordance with our terms and conditions.
- A user may only consider that their order via the website for goods or services has been accepted upon receipt of written confirmation from IBOB and its related agents. This confirmation will be via email or post.
- It is at the sole discretion of IBOB as to whether an order is accepted and as such IBOB are not bound to do so.
- Should IBOB process an order for items or services which are subsequently deemed to have been listed in contravention of any of the terms and conditions specified herein, IBOB reserves the right to refrain from dispatching the goods, irrespective of the status of the order. Any refunds or returns of goods and products will be made on an individual basis and as such IBOB reserve the right to refund all or part of the payment made by the user as they see fit.
- Should offer codes and promotional codes be published as part of a promotion the use of said codes will be subject to additional terms and conditions presented with the offer as well as the terms herein. Offer codes may provide a discount on part of an order. Offer codes may only be used for online orders placed through IBOB and are limited to a maximum of one code or standard rebate per user per order. Postage and packing charges will still apply and will need to be paid by conventional methods at the time of order unless otherwise specified.
- We reserve the right to send special offers & newsletters to account holders email addresses, with an instant unsubscribe option.
- IBOB will undertake all reasonable measures to reply promptly and satisfactorily to all correspondence received. Such a reply may be by email or post.
- accuracy of size and colour matching
- All sizes & weights quoted are nominal best estimate and IBOB shall accept no liability for minor variations in size as a result.
- Delivery of completed orders will be made on behalf of the sellers by Royal Mail, courier company or any other delivery services at the discretion of the sellers and their related agents. Charges for postage, packing and delivery will be incurred and payable at the time of order and will vary from seller to seller.
- IBOB shall not be held responsible for any damage to, discrepancies in or shortages of delivered materials, in the first instance contact the seller directly regarding any discrepancies.
- Requests for the termination of accounts may be made by email or postal request. Further information may be requested by the user in order to verify identity. Any request for account termination will be carried out as soon as is reasonably practicable following receipt of such a request.
- IBOB reserves the right to terminate any account without notice and at their sole discretion.
- Once a users account has been terminated any passwords will no longer enable access to the password protected areas of the site, as detailed above.
Questions and complaints procedure
- Any complaints or claims must be notified within 28 (twenty-eight) days of receipt of goods. Where goods are delivered by a third party such as Royal Mail or a courier firm, then the period of 28 days will commence on the estimated delivery date.
- Any questions or complaints should be directed via the Contact us page.
Laws and jurisdiction
- These terms (and the provision of goods and services by ‘antiques-online.co.uk’) are governed by and are to be interpreted in accordance with British Law. In the event of any dispute arising in relation to these terms or in relation to the provision of any services by IBOB, the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over such dispute.
- The user shall indemnify IBOB and its related agents against all third party actions, costs, damages, losses and other claims of whatever nature arising out of the execution of the order in accordance with the user’s instruction.
- IBOB shall have a general lien on all of the user’s materials in its possession and shall reserve the right to retain any such materials until all moneys due and payable have been received.